Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's in the Air

I have to admit that I haven't really been feeling the Christmas spirit so far this year.  I'm not sure if it has to do with the heat, the rain, Jesse's general Scrooginess when it comes to me buying a tree, us not returning to the white landscape of Wisconsin for the holiday, or my mile long to-do list.  Whatever the cause may be, I think it was remedied at least a tiny bit this weekend.  We needed to do some shopping, and you could say, Christmas is definitely in the air at the mall!  Huge trees, garlands, wreaths, lights, sales, and people everywhere.  I feel that when the Latin culture attaches itself to something, they do it big! 

While there wasn't the classic American mall trademark of Christmas carols playing (there was actually Taylor Swift in the background when Jess was trying on shoes- it was very, very difficult to find a store that carried his size!!), the decorations are enough to make anyone's spirits feel at least a little bit brighter.  We ended up going to three different malls in the past two days and although I still don't have that Christmasy feeling in my soul, it definitely elevated my mood a bit to know that if I need a dose of Christmas decor, I can head to the mall. 

No comments: