Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

As I've said before on the blog, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No pretenses; just a good meal shared with close family and friends. With every year that passes where I am away for the holiday, I find that I value the day more and more. I've really learned to appreciate those around me and be thankful for all the opportunities that I have.

Well this year was spent again with close friends. Summer has finally hit Asuncion, unlike last year when it arrived in September, so the hosting house decided to throw a pool party/Thanksgiving dinner to take full advantage of the sunshine.
And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a little football.
The food was absolutely delicious, with everyone bringing a favorite dish from their family traditions. I think that might be my favorite part; hearing and eating everyone's traditions.
Of course, the Green Bay Packers had to be represented during the meal.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are truly thankful for all of our family and friends, near and far.

No comments: