Monday, October 10, 2011

An Interesting Story About Medellin

Sitting in our hostel in Medellin yesterday waiting for Jenna to get up (she likes to sleep for those of you who don't know) I finally watched something that I'd been meaning to watch for a while: The Two Escobars from ESPN. It tells the story of Pablo Escobar, whom you know, and Andres Escobar, whom you may have heard of as he was assassinated after scoring an own goal against the US in the 1994 World Cup. Whether you are a sports fan or not this is a fascinating video to watch as it tells a lot of the story of Pablo Escobar first hand from people who knew him and was especially fascinating for me as I am typing this from both Escobars' hometown of Medellin and about 3 blocks from the park where Andres Escobar was shot. If you have time, watch the video below and follow the links on Youtube to the other 10 parts of the story... I promise it won't be a waste of your time!

No comments: