Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First Days of School

The first two and a 1/2 days of school are done and I have survived (Jesse will have to speak for himself later!). I have 24 students, most of whom are Paraguayan, but I do have some embassy students as well. My schedule is very similar to what I had in Honduras (the first year-not the second) and I am enjoying the energy of the students. My kids look like babies compared to what I had two months ago. It also feels good to be back in an elementary classroom, and all the technical things that elementary teachers have to do.

Here is part of my classroom. The school is set up similarly to the school in Honduras, with outdoor covered walkways between sections of the school, with trees and plants everywhere. The whole school shares a cafeteria and library, and there is no teacher's lounge or workroom. Overall, I like it so far. Ask me again in a few months!

No comments: